Just did the wort for the first time!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cosmotini

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I just finished with boiling the wort and getting it into the fermenter. I am using a Brewer's Best English Brown Ale kit.

The wort smells like cross between a strong tea and baked yams. Pretty good, actually!

It's fermenting away now, I hope. Will keep you posted on progress.

Regards,

Dennis

cosmotini said:
Hi everyone,

I just finished with boiling the wort and getting it into the fermenter. I am using a Brewer's Best English Brown Ale kit.

The wort smells like cross between a strong tea and baked yams. Pretty good, actually!

It's fermenting away now, I hope. Will keep you posted on progress.

Regards,

Dennis
Fantastic! I hope it turns out well for you. You'll never be the same after drinking your own stuff. I wish you well, and keep us posted.
There are some real good folks here, and will help you and answer your questions.
Good luck,
Tom

Brewed on the 6th, bottled on the 14th and I just opened the first bottle on the 21st!

I was delightfully surprised at how GOOD this stuff tastes!

Beautiful color, nice head, not too cloudy. Good carbonation but not like commercial beer where it can be too carbonated for my tastes.

I'm going to continue letting it setup for a few more days before officially calling it done. We have some friends coming over Sunday for a "tasting".

I'd like to thank everyone for sharing their experiences and posts. It helps those of us who have never done any of this before to know there are others who have "been there, done that".

I'm already looking forward to making the next batch. I think I'll try using the secondary fermenter with that batch. Need to empty my bottles before then :D

Regards,

Dennis

Back