Just brewed 2nd batch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevokie

Reaction score
THIS IS FUN!!

So, I started out three weeks ago and brewed the Autumn Amber Ale kit from Midwest. It is still in the primary. If I have learned anything, it's patience and sanitation. Clean, clean, clean and wait, wait, wait. The FG on that one ended up at 1.012 right where it was supposed to end. The last sample I had was really good, I can't wait to get it bottled and try it carbed and cool.

This batch I brewed today was the Liberty Cream Ale by Midwest. I did do some changing on it though. I've never had a cream ale before, so I bought a 6pack of Gennessee CA and tried it. Very smooth beer, easy to drink. But I wanted something a little more. Soooo, I decided to add some raisins, brown sugar and peaches and an extra pound of light DME. I added the raisins and peaches at 10 left in the boil. My OG is 1.066. I swamp coolered it and pitched the yeast right around 70F. We shall see where it ends! It was sweet, very sweet. I think it will be good. Don't ask why I added that crap, just because.

Anyways, this crap is so addicting, I'm surfing around looking for my next brew already. It's amazing the wealth of information that can be found here. :mug:

Amen bro! You are exactly the kind of experimenting crazy person that I appreciate most! A word to the wise from a guy who has been there:

Make every other batch something "normal"... otherwise you end up with a whole bunch of experiments and very little good drinking beer ;)

Back