Just Bottled My First Brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeoGirl

Reaction score
The past month has been torture for me waiting for this day. Thanks to you who have helped keep my mind at peace. 2 weeks ago, when I racked to the secondary (did this because I needed the primary). When I did that, I took a gravity reading and was right at the target but the taste was over the top bitter (Belgian Ale True Brew kit). Today, I took out a quick sample and tasted that. It was MUCH better and the color was just lovely.

Last night, I read through all the bottling thread that Revvy started back in 2008. Found some good solid advise that helped me out and put my mind at ease about what I was doing. Since my son is on spring break, he helped out and did all the cap work. Now I guess its time to sit back and wait for a few more weeks.

Again, thanks for all the hints and tips that you all post here

You're welcome. This is a great place to ease one's mind. Maybe get into a philosophical argument or two every now & again. And a little light hearted tom foolery just to spice it up a little. You're joy over a good beer is shared,& your pain over a bad one felt as well.
But,most of all,to take your head off them bottles!:D

I'm a mom, and I brew beer! :)

And my older daughter (27 years old) gets a kick out of helping me with the bottling process. I'm thrilled to have a helper with that task!!

Back