Just bottled my first batch...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chuck_Swillery

Reaction score
...and I can say, it sure sucks to be type A personality and envision the 1000 different ways you can pollute your brew as you bottle! Went well all in all. Only 1/2 significant disaster was that I had 10 bottles that my capper wouldn't grip and therefore wouldn't crimp. I ended up carefully pouring, trying to minimize any splashing/foaming/oxidation, those bottles into spares I had sanitized and ready just in case. I ended up bottling 600 oz of brew - I think that is pretty good. We'll see! Staring April 17th I'm off for turkey hunting for two weeks and I'll be taking a few to camp with me to try out. It'll still be green but tough to pass up a homebrew at turkey camp.

nice work....

Any idea what beer was originally in those bottles that you couldn't cap? Back when I bottled, I found that some imports (anything German, as well as Bass in particular) wouldn't cap well. The top of the bottle was too damn big. Probably some "imperial" thing. ;)

Back