Just being paranoid...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sublime8365

Reaction score
As the title says, I'm sure it's nothing, but this doesn't look like any infection does it? I just don't normally ferment in carboys so don't see it when the krausen drops. Those are just clumps of yeast right? Sorry the pics aren't the greatest.

thumb2_photo-apr-24-9-43-00-pm-62845.jpg

thumb2_photo-apr-24-9-43-51-pm-62846.jpg

Looks like rabbit turds.

I've never seen yeast rafts that look like that, but I'm pretty sure that's all it is. It certainly doesn't look infected.

Looks like krausen that hasn't dropped yet so probably yeast rafts with some krausen? It doesn't look infected. How long ago did you brew?

Thanks everyone for the feedback. Figured I was fine.

Looks like krausen that hasn't dropped yet so probably yeast rafts with some krausen? It doesn't look infected. How long ago did you brew?

I brewed this about 3.5 weeks ago. It's a pretty big doppelbock and was still fermenting away at 2 weeks. I then was away for a week and it looked like this upon my return. I'll likely be taking a sample and racking tonight.

Don't you love that? I'm pretty sure that during 75% of my batches at some point I'm paranoid that it might be infected. And they're always fine. I think we might be hyper vigilant.

Thanks everyone for the feedback. Figured I was fine.

I brewed this about 3.5 weeks ago. It's a pretty big doppelbock and was still fermenting away at 2 weeks. I then was away for a week and it looked like this upon my return. I'll likely be taking a sample and racking tonight.

Why? Why not just leave it where it is for another couple weeks? Let the yeast finish their job for sure.

Back