Just a thought: Honeysuckle Wild Ale?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BootsyFlanootsy

Reaction score
Here is what my thinking is on this topic:

From what I can gather, it seems that the consensus on honeysuckle in brewing is that there is no consensus on honeysuckle in brewing.

I've read a bunch of different opinions on the matter from various sources here in internet-land... but nothing clear and concise.

My thinking is this: Honeysuckle seems like it is probably a very delicate essence and would need to be put to use immediately upon the completion of harvest.

I also surmise that any sort of heat or steeping would ruin them and drive off the essence.

This leads me to wonder about the possibility of a "dry hop" with fresh honeysuckle. Obviously this would introduce all sorts or wild bugs into the mix. But, what if one were to "dry hop" with them in a nearly ready to be bottled or kegged wild ale/pLambic?

At the least, it seems plausible.

Y/N?

sounds plausible, but Id bet they would be like heather, which in my opinion is very very subtle

maybe you could fill a randall with them and get more flavor/aroma

Back