Juneau Hop Growers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sacrifice

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So, how craptastic was your 2012 hop (or other green stuff) growing season?

Three out of 6 rhizomes survived the winter and came back this year, which is good. However, only one has managed to grow over 6 feet, and the other two struggled to 3 feet, and they all look like crap. I doubt any of them will make it through the winter. I won't even talk about my squash and carrots, because this is a hop forum.......:mad:

Two years to retirement and off I go to sunshine.

Oh, for those of you that are wondering what I am talking about - imagine this: Rain from May until today, with a few days here and there what are above 60 and not RAINING! F the rain!!!

Sometimes I want to do the under 25 plant law just to be able to cope with this crap.

Sometimes I want to do the under 25 plant law just to be able to cope with this crap.

:D

I've never tried to grow any. Everyone I know who has tried here has never produced much of anything so it just didn't seem very worth the time and effort.

Back