Jumping in

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twisted_Films

Reaction score
Hi,

I am extremely new to this, I have never brewed beer or done anything remotely like it before, but it is something I am very anxious to get invested in. I am just looking for basic advice and info on how I should get started. I have "Homebrewing for Dummies" waiting for me to buy when I get off of work so I can absorb as much knowledge through there as I can. Does anyone know of any books that may be better for me? Are there any beer kits that are preferred of better then others? Looking to keep this kind of cheap, but I don't want to go so cheap that it hinders the quality of the beer. Just looking for general tips and help from people who would know WAY better then I would the best course to take for my first time out. Thanks for any help.

:mug:

cheers!

Hi there,

I'm pretty new to this myself. Just started a little over a month ago, but already have 3 batches going.

My first book was "Radical Brewing" by Randy Mosher (Radical Brewing.com). Highly recommended. Not really a how-to book, but definitely inspiring and provides lots of interesting context and background.

I've also heard great things about "How To Brew" by John Palmer. I've ordered it and its on the way as my next read.

Good luck!
John

Back