Jumex Peach Wine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

scottmd06

Reaction score
I started a 4L batch of wine using Jumex brand peach "nectar" on June 17th, just adding white sugar and water to reach an OG of 1.10. I may take a gravity reading today just see if primary fermentation has officially ended and then rack into secondary. Like the other wines I've experimented with, I went with the basic baker's yeast, and I know how most of you feel about that.. lol I will post pics as well =)

We have a lot of Mexican grocery stores around here that carry the Jumex nectars. Will be interested to hear about the results. Bread yeast is what it is. You can make some decent wines with it; just look how many people make JAOM. If the particular recipe you're making tastes OK and you aren't having settling issues, then no use spending money you don't have to. IMO it's neither good nor bad; it's just another tool for homebrewing. For some things it works and for some things it doesn't.

I've seen the threads where people make one recipe with different yeasts, but I think it would be interesting to take something like bread yeast and try several different recipes to see which ones work with it and which ones don't. That sounds sort of like what you are doing. If you've had some successes with it, let us know.

Good yeast just don't cost that much. Why not spend 75 cents for good yeast? Some of these wines take a year or more to turn out good. Why risk problems?

did you get a large frothy head on your brew?

I did:
3# honey
1 tsp Super Ferment
and Filled with Peach Nectar
1 PKT 118 yeast also

Should I have cut the nectar with water? its bubbling like it should but im worried of it going super nova in my 1G carboy

Holy cow, 3# of honey and straight nectar?! What was your OG?

I just started a batch with two containers of Jumex peach nectar a bag of sugar water and alcotec turbo yeast.. This is just an experiment which could be awesome or really terrible! Any thoughts

I just started a batch with two containers of Jumex peach nectar a bag of sugar water and alcotec turbo yeast.. This is just an experiment which could be awesome or really terrible! Any thoughts

I would advise against using turbo yeast for anything that is going to be drunk with out being distilled. It's packed full of chemicals and Nutrients to help the yeast survive in the high alcohol environment. Turbo yeast was designed specifically for distilling. Even then it's not a good choice for that.

I've used Jumex mango nectar along with frozen mango chunks to make mango mead, turned out right nice, although am considering adding some peppercorns when I make it again....or maybe a habanero. IIRC, the mango nectar had high fructose corn syrup in it, but it was very mango-ey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back