Juicing the fruit for strawberry beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dlou84

Reaction score
I am planning to brew the succulent strawberry blonde this week. I thought I would juice the strawberries. 2 questions - should I still use all eight lbs of strawberries? Also...I have heard when you juice fruit it immediately oxidizes...should I worry about this affecting the beer? Thanks!

Here then beer!

I've brewed several different strawberry beers. I usually use whole frozen strawberries and add them to a carboy still frozen, then rack the beer on top of them. I try to keep the contact time around a week or so, and at the end of that time the berries have lost almost all of their color and the beer has turned a nice shade of pink.

I used 4.5lb of strawberries in 5 gal of saison and it has a very subtle strawberry flavor. You wouldn't guess the flavor unless someone told you. If you are looking for more flavor then up the fruit the beer ratio.

I have done this recipe twice. I used frozen whole strawberries each time just like recipe calls for. I added the strawberries to the secondary and then racked onto them. Use a blow off tube.

So I guess what you guys are saying...is to just use the dang frozen strawberries! Thanks for the replies.

Here then beer!

Back