Jovaru IPA???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Off Balance Brewing

Reaction score
Currently have a raw Jovaru farmhouse on tap and looking to repitch. Anyone ever try other styles with Jovaru? I know omega recommends a Wit but wasn't sure if anyone has had success with any other recipes. I'm wondering how it would be with like a C hop IPA. Maybe like a more neutral Belgian IPA taste...

No love for the Jovaru??

Hoping fermenting on the colder side will reduce some of the farmhouse and hopefully let the lemon pitch still come through.

Thoughts?

No love for the Jovaru??

Hoping fermenting on the colder side will reduce some of the farmhouse and hopefully let the lemon pitch still come through.

Thoughts?

I've only used it once...I did love it in my Lithuanian Farmhouse Ale...my only concern using it in an IPA is it may overpower the hop profile late.

It gives a very citrus flavor profile...so i can see it working but i can also imagine it over taking the hops.

I've only used it once...I did love it in my Lithuanian Farmhouse Ale...my only concern using it in an IPA is it may overpower the hop profile late.

It gives a very citrus flavor profile...so i can see it working but i can also imagine it over taking the hops.

What temp did you do your farmhouse? I did mine low 80s. Wondering what it would do at room temp 70.

What temp did you do your farmhouse? I did mine low 80s. Wondering what it would do at room temp 70.

I left it in my garage and the highest it got was 85...it came out fantastic!

My guess would be lower the temp the less orange flavor but not sure...the farmhouse ale yeasts are different breeds.

I brewed a Jovaru farmhouse at about 72 and got a very nice lemon pith profile. Balanced well with Mt Hood hops at about 35 IBU. Really good beer and my friends get excited when I pull one out of the cellar.

I think it would work well as an ipa - would definitely add an interesting dimension.

I've used Jovaru once; I brewed 50% pilsner malt, 50% unmalted wheat, and I only boiled it for 5 minutes. Flavored it with hops tea like I would a raw ale. It turned out very good, although the chill haze was ridiculous. I'll be brewing a more traditional raw farmhouse ale later this week -- something like 90% pils and 10% dark munich.

I also think Jovaru might be good for cider; the beer tasted sweeter than its final gravity.

I've used Jovaru once; I brewed 50% pilsner malt, 50% unmalted wheat, and I only boiled it for 5 minutes. Flavored it with hops tea like I would a raw ale. It turned out very good, although the chill haze was ridiculous. I'll be brewing a more traditional raw farmhouse ale later this week -- something like 90% pils and 10% dark munich.

I also think Jovaru might be good for cider; the beer tasted sweeter than its final gravity.

It makes an awesome cider:

I haven't tried the IPA yet. I did reach out to Omega to see if they had any experience with an ipa and jovaru. They said they thought it might be more Belgian IPA but haven't tried it.

I was just thinking about trying it with a dry hopped cider. I think I might bump cider up on the list from the sounds of it.

Latest posts

Back