Johnson Controls

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noefite

EOD Hasher
Reaction score
I recently installed a new Johnson Controls A419ABG-3C. Before I left on vacation for 10 days I plugged it into my freezer and went through the set up per the instructions.
I came home yesterday and noticed that the Keezer wasn't exactly cold (no thermometer yet).
I checked the display and there was no temperature reading, nor flashing lights or solid lights. I have absolutely no read out at all.
Is the controller working? Did something happen while I was away? How do I check to see if it's operational?

There's nothing in the A419 user's guide that suggests a "sleep" mode.
Assuming you had it plugged into a live outlet, I'd say there's definitely something wrong somewhere.
The unit should at least power up with an active display...

Cheers!

Try plugging it into another outlet. One you know that works.

It's either the outlet, or it's your controller. Either way, it ain't on right now. If it's plugged into a live outlet, there should be a temperature shown in the display. If the display never comes on no matter where you plug in in, then you have a faulty controller.

Back