Johnson Controls External Thermostat not working

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stanleyjw

Reaction score
So, I had Converted my Frigidaire mini fridge into a kegerator and use the Jonson Controls External Thermostat A19-AAT (the analog one) in an attempt to regulate the temp, which gets very cold. So far, out of the 5 kegs that have passed though this fridge, 3 have frozen.

The temp on the external device was originally set to 45 degrees and I have changed it multiple times even all the way to 70. Regardless to what the temp is set at, the fridge still gets to be about 30 degrees. Currently I have the fridge's dial set to the coldest which the external thermostat stated to do, but I have also tried it out at the "warmest" temp

Has anyone had a similar problem with this or is it possible that I just have a defective thermostat?

Any help would be great b/c I have IPA snowcones!

I'd say there is a problem somewhere. I have the same one and I had to dial it to 36 to get the temp to 40...it was keeping my keezer too warm.

Okay, i thought I was going crazy. Not a difficult thing to hook up so i thought maybe I was missing something. I will have to attempt to get refunded or something. Thanks

just a quick update. I spoke to my local homebrew guy and he replaced my thermostat for me at no charge. Turns out with I was his only customer every having a problem with the analog model of the Johnson Control. My kegerator is now running at the correct temp with no issue.

I am having the same issue. Everything is frozen and the compressor is constantly running. Even with the thermostat set to 70. Refund is going to be the next step.

Make your own digital regulator next time STC-1000 I think. On Amazon and Ebay. Costs about $20 and you wire it your self.

Latest posts

Back