Johnson Control with no plug

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PUD

Reaction score
I have a Johnson control that is for installation into a walk-in cooler. Has anybody modified a freezer to use on of these? It's a johnson control without the plug so I would have to put the wires into the control.

There's a couple ways to do it. I purchased a power strip and wired the controller into the cable. That way I can plug the freezer and the fans for the conditioning cabinet into the strip and control both of them at the same time.

If your controller is designed for mounting in an electrical box, get a box that is wide enough for the controller and a pair of outlets.

I wired the cable from a power strip into the controller and the remaining plug inline with the controller. So I wired the plug and the power strip both into the controller.

I've plugged it in and see the power strip lights up but I'm not sure if the it is fire safe. We are going to be using it in a freezer outside.

Back