Joe's Ancient Orange Mead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teufelhunde

Reaction score
Last year, after my successful first batch of mead, a 1 gallon Joe's, I made a 5 gallon batch. At the first of November, we bottled it, and other than a couple of small mason jars full that dissappeared pretty quickly, the whole thing went into wine bottles and got put away.

Today, I decided it was time to open a bottle......mmmmmmmmm......that's some good stuff....it was pretty good when still green and has only gotten better.....

Last year, after my successful first batch of mead, a 1 gallon Joe's, I made a 5 gallon batch. At the first of November, we bottled it, and other than a couple of small mason jars full that dissappeared pretty quickly, the whole thing went into wine bottles and got put away.

Today, I decided it was time to open a bottle......mmmmmmmmm......that's some good stuff....it was pretty good when still green and has only gotten better.....
It's like many other meads, it just keeps getting better with age.

That's success... tastes good soon after it's done, and even better with some aging. Only problem is that it tends to peak just about the time you open the last bottle.

Back