Jockey box - coil stuck

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkyMark33

Reaction score
Last wkd I used the jockey box at a party. Have used it before numerous time but this time around it appears that one of the coil is stuck due to sediments (the keg I tapped was dry hopped ) I suspect that's what cause it to be stuck as I do remember seeing green like sediments going thru the tubing out of the keg into the coil then a few mins later it's stuck.

Please advise what I can do to get it flowing again as I am going to need the box this wkd at a friend s wedding.

Super long pipe cleaner and some hot water?
th

Hey I have a jockey box that I have used numerous time... last wkd I used it for a party one of the coil got stuck as it won't let me dispense beer

I suspect how it happen was that I connected the ball lock connector to the keg green sediments came out (dry hopping in the keg thou in mesh bag that was suspended). I believe it's the sediments that caused this.

Anyone have this experience before? What did you do to clean it out? I need to get this resolved for this wkd as will be using the jockey box at a friend s wedding.

Please advise!
Mark

I would make sure first the keg's diptube, or more likely, the QD's poppet isn't clogged. It's unlikely a smooth coil get plugged up from anything that goes past the poppet.

I had a major plug-up in my wort chiller, and was only able to blow all the gunk out by directly connecting it to my outside garden hose spigot, which is 10' from my water shut off. The kitchen sink adapter wouldn't even come close, too much pressure/volume loss. Pressure... cures a lot of clogs.

You could also use co2 to blow out the clog. As suggested above you may want to check the disconnect and poppet first.

Plug in the air compressor and set to max blast! If you don't own a compressor use your CO2 bottle start at 30# and work up. Clear the exit tube and stand by for flying hop matter. Then run some hot PBW or BLC through the lines to clear away the stuck on partials.

Back