Jockey Box Advice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WinterWarlock

Reaction score
So I got all the compoenets together for my jockey box build and it appears the coil is quite snug. It looks like I'm going to have to either bend the coil a bit to make it work (not sure if that's possible with stainless coils) or perhaps I should get a few tailpieces to attach to the shanks and connect everything with tubing and hose clamps. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!
View media item 70355

Not an incredibly helpful advice, but did you consider a bigger chest?

Otherwise cut the tubing a little shorter. You can attempt to bend but ss isn't really forgiving and you might kink the tube.

Thanks, Spartan and S-Met! I appreciate the advice. I think the reasonable thing to do is just get a cooler that fits the coil. That way I don't have to deal with tubing and hoseclamps, or cutting the coil. It's funny how these projects always get delayed just when you think you have all the components ready to go.

My jb is over at a friends right now, picking it up this week. I kinked a line, but its not too bad. I redid the lines and I can post a shot later this week. Changed the fittings and hoses. Top much foam when straight pouring from 3/8 ss coils, adding 6' of 1/4" vinyl helped, but now has 10' of bev-seal ultra and pours like a champ. Had 4 dual tap and a single at a party this past weekend, I was told my box had the most consistent pours.
20190407_142946.jpg
20180908_134306.jpg

Back