Jobs that don't suck

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was a financial adviser and loaded, I was heading for hospital.
I'm now an outdoor activities instructor and broke.

I work 2 days a week and travel when I have the money and can brew any day

If I may quote a brewer I know, "I don't regret doing it, but going pro turns the greatest hobby in the world into a job."

david_42 said:
If I may quote a brewer I know, "I don't regret doing it, but going pro turns the greatest hobby in the world into a job."

Yeah, I can definitely see that. I'd love to be a brewmaster. And by that, I mean the guy that oversees the operation. In my limited experience with small breweries, the brewmaster works his ass off in some pretty poor conditions. He does damn near everything himself. Not to mention that you make the same beer, day in, day out. It would get old.

I don't quite get that list. It looks to be from a reputable site, but that list looks like it was written by a high school kid who hasn't actually ever done any real work in his or her life.

I'm not sure how much i like this list. I am a house painter during the summer (still in college) and sometimes do interior painting during the off season and it isn't the most 'unsucky' job out there. Good money and working outside, great, but man does it take its toll.

Good to see beer on the top though. I am guessing this is a guys list? :cross:

Back