Jaybird Ultimate Stir Paddle Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewingViking

Reaction score
Hey I'm looking to buy the Jaybird Ultimate Stir Paddle for my mash tun. I use a keggle with a 12 inch false bottom and weldless spigot. I'm also looking to get a weldless thermometer for it. Just curious if the stir paddle will interfere with any of them?

curous about this too.. I assume you have some sort of temp controlled heat source to heat the keggle and want to keep the mash temps even with it? Normally these types of paddles or rakes are used in sealed steam jacketed pro setups... I curious to hear how it works with a bottom heated kettle.

Hey I'm looking to buy the Jaybird Ultimate Stir Paddle for my mash tun. I use a keggle with a 12 inch false bottom and weldless spigot. I'm also looking to get a weldless thermometer for it. Just curious if the stir paddle will interfere with any of them?

For doing what you are doing I personally like the Whirlpool master paddle. Its flat disc design works killer for getting in and around things in the kettle. Feel free to shoot me a PM if you want to chat about it.https://www.norcalbrewingsolutions.com/store/Whirlpool-Master-Beer-Brewing-Paddle.html

Cheers
Jay

curous about this too.. I assume you have some sort of temp controlled heat source to heat the keggle and want to keep the mash temps even with it? Normally these types of paddles or rakes are used in sealed steam jacketed pro setups... I curious to hear how it works with a bottom heated kettle.

With the burner I have I'm able to set the heat low enough and manually stir and keep an even temperature. I just want to be able to go get a beer and not have to stir lol

Back