• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Nebraska Jaybird Fb, Fb Stands, Sight Glass, Jockey Box Plate, Mash Tun

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a sale fall through on the fb and filter stands. Fb and stands are in excellent condition!

I have read about people using them for pellet hops, I never used it for that. I use a hop spider for pellet hops. The false bottom and stand does a great job of filtering if you use whole hops. I have one kettle setup for pellet with a hop spider and one kettle setup with a false bottom for whole hops. Cant beat the false bottom and stand for whole.

I've used a stage one with the fb and a stage 2 with the fb in m bk with pellet hops. I whirlpool with my pump and do a small rest. I'm always shockednat how well it handles the pellets. Good luck with the sale, these things are built well.

Is the FB and stands still available? If so let me know what it will cost to ship to 19963. Thanks!!

That one is their level 2 stand. I suppose you could try it as a small fb, but you are not going to get the benefits of the greater surface area with it being so small. I would also be worried about it sliding around while stirring the mash and having grain collect underneath. If you were careful it might work.

The real benefit to the filter is using it along with the fb. I noticed a huge difference when I added the filters under the fb. Wort runs clearer, faster and I dont worry about a little grain slipping by the sides of the fb since that additional filter is in place.

Back