Jay Bird's False Bottom

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxbing

Reaction score
I just used a Jay bird False bottom for the first time in a 15 gallon keg. I had been using a 10 gallon rubbermaid with a SS braid.. For those of you that think a a SS Braid works good, you only think that it does, Save your pennies and get a False bottom. I Fly sparge and it is 100 times better.

Jay Bird provides a great product and Excellent Service, Plus he is "one of us"

I just used a Jay bird False bottom for the first time in a 15 gallon keg. I had been using a 10 gallon rubbermaid with a SS braid.. For those of you that think a a SS Braid works good, you only think that it does, Save your pennies and get a False bottom. I Fly sparge and it is 100 times better.

Did your mash efficiency go up?

eff is slightly better but the sparge was nice an quick. It was hard to tell if the efficiency was better because this was a high gravity beer 1.090 I got 79% which is not bad for that high of a gravity.

Maxbing Thanks for the shout out and the great review of the false bottom brotha'... I am so glad I was able to help with the sparge speed and eff bump. Keep brewin!!
Cheers
Jay

If you were fly sparging with a SS braid, then darned right a false bottom is going to be much better. You should never fly sparge with a SS braid.

Back