jars & autoclavable tops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

squeekysheep

Reaction score
i am looking for some small jars with auto glaivable( i known wrong spelling) tops the like from the yeast washing sticky required a 50 dollar purchase that a few to many jars anyone know where i can buy them

i live in greenbay WI

+1 on normal pint mason jars. A flat of a dozen pint jars is something like $10, or maybe a dime a piece at garage sales. Lids and retaining bands are cheap and the bands are reusable.

Plus you can use them to can wort (for starters) and water (for quenching hot noc loops, etc).

+1 All about the mason jars. I pressure cook my extract in the jar then let them cool. Great for yeast build up.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but pressure canning wort is fine. No problem there, and in fact it's a good idea. Pressure canning your yeast, however, will kill it.

Sorry about the mixed up wording.

I pressure cook my extract in the jars, let cool before adding yeast for propagation and empty jars for yeast storage.:D

Back