Jamil's IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buffman

Reaction score
For those of you who have brewed Jamil's "Hoppiness is an IPA" from BCS, how did it turn out? I'm looking for a good IPA to brew this weekend.

don't know about that one, but if you're looking for a good IPA try the Can you brew it version of Green flash IPA, it's awsome.

I brewed that recipe from BCS, with very minor deviations, and it was f***ing awesome! Do it! You'll be very happy with the results. The hop combination gave it the great American flavor and aroma. The malt background was quite tasty as well. I dry hopped mine, which I don't think Jamil calls for but it certainly had a ton of aroma.

Thanks, Doog. I'm going to deviate a little myself, subbing Galena for the bittering hops and fermenting with Pacman (I've got two packs on hand and been wanting to try it). I'll probably dry hop as well. Did you go with more Amarillo there?

If I remember correctly, I did Cascade/Amarillo for the dry hop. I think it was a little over one ounce total, but it was enough to really kick in the aroma. I also used Pacman to ferment mine and I used Magnum for bittering (don't remember what the recipe originally called for).

I think you will be quite happy with the results!

Back