Jaded Brewing Equipment

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jrnose2

Reaction score
Hey everyone! Im in the process of building my first E-Herms system. I really like the Jaded brewing herms coil and their big ass CFC. I can't seem to find any reviews or anything on them so I was wondering if anyone had any experience with either of them. Also their 3 piece ball valves but I kinda figured they wouldn't be any issue.

Ya definitely! I'm in for the big rig CFC. That I'm gonna attach to the table of my EHerms system

My $.02 on the 3 pc ball valves...Not having prior experience with the 3 pc design I was a bit surprised that the bolts must be fairly precisely tightened so as to enable relatively free operation of the valve and yet not feel too "sloppy". I guess I thought that you could snug them down pretty tight & the valve would still be easy to operate. Not so.

I just bought a King Cobra myself. It should arrive tomorrow. I got tired of all the extra work it takes to setup and clean my plate chiller. I'm eager to test it out myself. They seem to get some crazy fast chilling times from their ICs.

How has it performed for you. I was able to go from boiling to 59°F in 3.5 min on a 5 gallon batch. Took a bit longer on an 11 gallon batch. About 10 minutes, but it was at a big brew event and the hose was split 3 ways.

How has it performed for you. I was able to go from boiling to 59°F in 3.5 min on a 5 gallon batch. Took a bit longer on an 11 gallon batch. About 10 minutes, but it was at a big brew event and the hose was split 3 ways.

I've had similar results with both 5 and 10 gallon batches. It's amazing a quickly it cools!

How do you properly clean the King Cobra?
With my SS immersion chiller i soak it in water, then take a soapy sponge and wipe over it, and try and get between the coils.
Since the King Cobra is made of copper, don't you need to clean off the green toxic stuff that forms over time?
Is there some chemical you soak it in?

I just dunk it in hot water (collected from the chiller water) and then use a sprayer to rinse of any remaining residue off.

Back