I've taken the leap

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LarryC

Reaction score
Today I entered my Wrong Side of the Tracks Amber into the National Homebrew competition :ban:

I don't really expect much out of this other than getting some professional feedback on my beer but I'm still pretty pumped. This brew is my first AG beer and I think it really tastes great. Guess we'll see what the judges think...

I knew I shouldn't have said anything!

Good luck to you as well (unless we meet in the finals :D )

Good luck! I have to get some friends that aren't afraid to criticize my beer before I submit it anywhere. I'm my own worst critic, but my friends seem to love my beer (sometimes more so than I do!).

Yeah, I entered 3 of my beers too... First time entering in a competition and straight to the national one :-o

2 were my creations from scratch and the third a modified recipe from someone else.

So, do we get feedback from the judges regardless of classification, I mean, even the worst ones get some criticism? That's what I'm hoping for anyway!

Just a reminder for folks, the AHA competition is capped, meaning a limited number of brews are accepted per center, and they seem to be filling up pretty quickly!

-TH- said:
How do you know this?

When you enter in the online registration page, it actually shows how many places are left per center! I'm a AHA member, so not sure if it shows up for members only or for everyone.

When you enter in the online registration page, it actually shows how many places are left per center! I'm a AHA member, so not sure if it shows up for members only or for everyone.

Ok yep I see it, thanks. BTW I am not an AHA member.

Back