I've got that itch...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ayrton

Reaction score
...and no, it's not an STD. I think.

It always happens when I get an empty carboy: I sit around and think forever about what I want to do next, and then once I make my decision, I'm irritated because it's not the weekend yet and I can't hit up my LHBS. I'm going to go for broke this weekend and do two batches, both of which I've seen rave reviews for: EdWort's Apfelwein and Walker-San's Kaduva IPA recipe. I can't wait.

Come on, you stupid clock, move! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Yeah, I racked my first batch to secondary last night and now my nice clean, empty carboy is staring at me saying "refill me... refill me..." And I'm trying to justify it to myself by thinking, I'm new at this brewing thing and I need all the practice I can get:D

Okay, that's it... I'm leaving the office early and going to my LHBS!! I think I need another secondary too:ban:

You know what's even worse though? I have both my fermenters full, and all I can think about is buying another so I can brew more! It's a vicious (delicious) cycle.

Whelk said:
You know what's even worse though? I have both my fermenters full, and all I can think about is buying another so I can brew more! It's a vicious (delicious) cycle.

I actually have 2 primaries and a secondary full. the problem is i have 5 empty kegs................that is what is spuring my desire to brew. I am thinking another carmel cream!!!!!

Have you tried More Cowbell? It might be the cure for what ales you.

I'm dying to brew, but the weather won't let me.

I've gone from a 1 Gal meade primary in December to:

2 1 Gal Glass Carboy
1 6 Gal Better Bottle
1 5 Gal Glass Carboy
2 3 Gal Glass Carboy

1 6.5 Bottling bucket

The only thing empty right now is the 1 Gal Primary because I just bottled it yesterday! :ban:

I miffed a fermentor bucket when I screwed up drilling a hole in it for a spigot (don't ask). So I am down to one (well I actually patched the other one as a temporary fix...don't ask), which has a Dunkel that is gonna get bottled tonight or tomorrow, depending. If I resiphon onto the cake then I'll brew and bottle tomorrow. The 5 gallon carboy is empty because making 6 gallon batches makes the 5 gallon no good heh. I wish a place around just sold 6 gallon food grade buckets. I hate ordering them. The real question is what should I brew. I was thinking of doing a strange Belgian style experiment with the cake.....yeah the itch is itching....

The plus side is I've got like 14 cases of brew, most of which are conditioning.

cnbudz said:
Okay, that's it... I'm leaving the office early and going to my LHBS!! I think I need another secondary too:ban:

Just got home from the HBS. Picked up another 5gal secondary, a Newcastle clone, and various other HB toys. Got my starter going and am ready to brew tomorrow(I'm counting on the snow storm that's being predicted so I have an excuse to not go to the office tomorrow and I can brew during the day and still go out at night:mug: )

I just brewed my first batch on tuesday and it's not even out of the primary yet. I already want to do another. Problem is I only have 1 primary and 1 secondary, and only about 60 empty bottles. Guess ust need 2 more fermenters and a bunch more bottles, which means I need to go buy more beer, to get the bottles.

I see this newly acquired hobby turning expensive fast. I have promised myself that I at least wait for the first one to finish before going any further, and thats a few weeks away, so lets see how I last.

I'm going to bottle this weekend, and then I'll have nothing in primary or secondary for the first time since I started brewing. That's assuming I bottle 3 gallons of wine as well this weekend.

We're going on vacation for a couple of weeks, and I didn't want to have to worry about the beer while I was gone! But still, I feel sad about all the empty equipment.

Back