I've Been Kind of a JERK

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheezydemon

Reaction score
If anyone cares.

I was recently called out a little bit for being too smart assed on a thread.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?p=533166

I agree.

I thought that the title "the awful happened!!!!" when all that had gone wrong was a vigorous fermentation, was a little too dramatic.

But I need to remember, that we can never know what someone has been through, or exactly where they are coming from.

I guess I was trying to be funny, so I informed the guy that the next thing he would ask about was the white stuff in his fermenter. I pre-emptively informed him that it was yeast.

Turns out the guy has 20 or so brews under his belt and didn't need to be told that. Someone else pointed out that I have not even paid for a membership, so "why did I have so much to say?".

I didn't take my own advice about not assuming that I know where someone has been, I hope you can all do better than I did.

I have had the most tumultuous year of my life, and intend to "Pony Up" as soon as I can. But hopefully you won't assume that I am just a jerk here for a free ride.

I don't feel that I should limit my input to this forum because I have more pressing needs right now, but I cannot expect people to give me the benefit of the doubt when I myself have been negligent in that respect.

Worst of all, my recent stresses have probably made me more likely to vent on someone wrongfully.

I sincerely apologize to anyone here, and I intend to do better.

I think what matters is that you have the stones to pony up and apologize for it.

I'm waiting for all Patriots fans to follow suit today. :D

We all have bad days. Don't worry about it.

I don't think anyone should "pony up" if they can't or just don't feel the need. And no one should be pushed into it.

I paid bc I found I had a little extra money and figured 'why not'. Otherwise I'd probubly still be "freeloading".

We're all here to talk about beer and get away from life I think. It shouldn't be something to worry about.

RDWHAHB :D

You were just working on that EAC merit badge, that's all. I've definately earned mine in a few posts. ;)

Oh, and I had close to 2K posts before I ponied up for a membership. I don't think we should be pressuring people like that.

To tell you the truth I could care less if you pay or not.
That day I was at work and not in a good mood at all. Then I read you treating that guy like he was an idiot and belittling him I kind of snapped a little. I said what I said only because it was the nicest thing I could come up with quickly that would not get me a perma-ban from the site. :D

cheezydemon said:
Turns out the guy has 20 or so brews under his belt and didn't need to be told that. Someone else pointed out that I have not even paid for a membership, so "why did I have so much to say?".

I wasn't aware there was a membership based limit to how active you can be on HBT.;)

ohiobrewtus said:
I think what matters is that you have the stones to pony up and apologize for it.

I'm waiting for all Patriots fans to follow suit today. :D

:off: too bad it won't happen the fans are just as arrogant as the team is

FSR402 said:
To tell you the truth I could care less if you pay or not.
That day I was at work and not in a good mood at all. Then I read you treating that guy like he was an idiot and belittling him I kind of snapped a little. I said what I said only because it was the nicest thing I could come up with quickly that would not get me a perma-ban from the site. :D

Hey FSR402, when you gonna pony up for a LIFETIME membership, huh? What's up with that weak PREMIUM membership. Let's see you put your cash where your mouth is!!! :D

Lil' Sparky said:
Hey FSR402, when you gonna pony up for a LIFETIME membership, huh? What's up with that weak PREMIUM membership. Let's see you put your cash where your mouth is!!! :D

I'm going to when my first year is done.. Although if I stay with what I have, the site will make more off me in time.:D

Cheezydemon.

If you pay to support the forum or not is up to you.
It doesn't mean you have any less right to participate in threads or give advice.

BUT........ you will find some stress relief from noob questions in **$$$%^&!£"

It really makes no difference to me. I was just giving you some grief (in jest) for the grief you gave cheezydeamon.

heh, you should of saw me when I was quitting smoking. I was just an ass in general around here for a while. Happens though, everyone has bad days, weeks, or even months.

OK, people, group hug!

mban1707l.jpg

AHHHHHHHHH! I do feel better! *now, let me see....where is some guy with a really dumb question??!? I'll swing for the fences!*

But seriously thanks to all.

Hey, no prob. As someone else said, you had the stones to stand up and sincerely apologize.
We all get grouchy. I usually make belligerant posts when I'm druck. Which is weird, because I'm not normally a hostile druck at all........

The great part about a membership is when you get annoyed by the wacky questions, just head to the mod edit ice cream store.

Cheezy, I"m sorry to hear that you've been going through a rough time. I hope things improve for you soon. I think it's great that you were man enough to apologize for being not-so-nice. You definitely earned my admiration and respect for coming forward and doing that.

YooperBrew said:
Cheezy, I"m sorry to hear that you've been going through a rough time. I hope things improve for you soon. I think it's great that you were man enough to apologize for being not-so-nice. You definitely earned my admiration and respect for coming forward and doing that.

Thanks Yooper! You have earned my respect and admiration through consistently being level headed, polite, friendly etc.

I like to think I am working towards that. Patience is a virtue? Hell, it is worth more than all the money in the world!

Stress, friendships lost, business opportunities lost; lack of patience can kill you or at least make your life worse.:p

Back