It's official, I'm having heart surgery on Feb 18th...wow, it's real now.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't even know you but I am glad to hear that you will be able to pretty much be a whole new person after this.. Best of luck to you and stay strong!

About time the wizard got around to you tin man. Oh, ignore that man behind the curtain. :D

Hope it all goes well and you ARE better afterwards. If my 80 year old mother can undergo heart surgery, it can't be THAT bad. ;)

Best of luck and my thoughts and prayers are with you. Heart surgery is deadly serious but having spent a brief time in the doctoring profession I can tell you there is a reason those guys do what they do. It's because they're exceptional, so I think you'll have nothing to worry about. Maybe you can get the insurance to comp you and iPad so you can keep track of us n00bs from the comfort of your bed.

We can rebuild him... we have the technology...

Revvy's gonna come back and brew at Mach 2, I tell ya. :mug:

We all look forward to seeing you on here after the surgery, Rev.

My grandmother had pretty much the exact same surgery done about 15-20 years ago. Not sure if it was aortic, but she had a pig valve put in. She's pushing 90 now and the rest of her is disintegrating, but her heart is still goin' strong!

Good to hear they figured it out, that they know how to fix it, and are extremely capable of doing so. I concur about renting the buxom nurse afterwards...

I'm new here but I see your posts on just about every page and appreciate all the insight and time you have taken to share your knowledge. I hope everything works out okay for you and you heal up fast. God be with you.

I did notice that you had increased your normal quota of pithy quotes over the last few days, and now see that you were building up a surplus.

Since I was not raised in a kosher home, I can approve the procedure.

Heal well, and keep the airlock full.

The good news about these kinds of surgeries is that there have been so many done now that it's a pretty common procedure. You're chances for a full recovery are excellent.

Glad to know you've been properly diagnosed and will hope you pull through just fine with a complete recovery... as good as new! Will be praying for you.

On a side note I wonder if a vegan were in your shoes if they'd have the surgery, it being a pig part and all? Suppose one would get to test out just how dedicated they were to their principles.

Schlante & Good Luck,
Phillip

Good luck! I'll be waiting for the new pork enhanced revvy. I'll pray for you.

Good Luck Revvy. I'll have a pulled pork sandwich and a homebrew on the 18th and you'll be in my thoughts.

We all know the heart thing is just a ruse to cover up the surgery he's really having. He's finished hormone treatment and he's ready for the sex reassignment surgery now. :)

I'll be pulling for you Revvy. You've been an inspiration to me around here. My dad suffered a heart attack about a year and a half ago and they put 7 stints in his heart. He was out of the hospital in 3 days and back better than he had been in less than a month. You'll be chasing the nurses in no time. :)

Terje

Hey Revvy,

I am a noob but I have learned so much from you. Thanks.

I am pulling for you...

May your nurses be two Redhead penthouse pets wearing fishnets:mug:

I'm new to the site but I've already enjoyed a number of your posts. I'm a cardiothoracic anesthesiologist and I do the anesthesia for these surgeries all the time. I'm sure you'll do well and most people handle the pain just fine. Speedy recovery!

John

Hey, Revvy: I'm going to try to get a picture of my surgery if you try to get one of yours. We post them and whoever pukes loses. Winner gets homebrew.

Rev,

My family and friends are praying for you tonight and until you are back here giving your much needed advise.

It is now more evident that ever that God works in mysterious ways!

As I set here typing this evening, my father is in the ICU recovery after having open surgery to replace an Aortic Aneurysm. His surgery was this morning and it went great according to the Doc. When I got home this evening I was thinking about it too much and decided to jump on HBT to take my mind off of everything and stumbled across your post. I never go to the "general chit-chat" board, but I did tonight and I am glad I did.

You and your family are in our prayers tonight and I am sure you will be better than ever after your surgery. I hope we can discuss a nice beer recipe I want to call "Circulatory Celebration Ale" when you get back to the boards!

God Bless!

Brian

You've got someone on here that'll be contacted by someone there so we'll know when you're through surgery and hasslin' doctors and stuff, right?

What all did they do at the screening? Imaging? Blood tests?

Yep. And I met with the sugeon's nurse practicioner who will be the first person I'll see upon waking up who will be mostly in charge of my imeediate recovery. She was beyond amazing at explaining things whilem conforting me. I know it's here job, but I really got the impression that she cared, and was pulling for me.

You've got someone on here that'll be contacted by someone there so we'll know when you're through surgery and hasslin' doctors and stuff, right?

Yeah. My plan is to have someone use my droid to post to my facebook page since they will get automatically logged on. And then I was gonna ask one of you taproom folks who are also my friends on facebook to then post to this thread to update everyone, or start a new page.

Hopefully by sunday I will be coherent enough to post on my own. I here for the first 12-24 hours I'll be pretty out of it.

I had a wonderful night tonight at Dragonmead Brewpub. A few folks came out to wish me well and have a last hurrah sorta thing. From here was decojuicer, fishkid (and mrs fishkid) and bjornbrewer. And other non HBT brewers Bill and Dawn, (and her partner Dave) and one of my favorite musicians Alan Cayn. It was a nice evening.

:mug:

Yeah. My plan is to have someone use my droid to post to my facebook page since they will get automatically logged on. And then I was gonna ask one of you taproom folks who are also my friends on facebook to then post to this thread to update everyone, or start a new page.

Consider it done...

I'm willing to post updates here if others don't get to it.

once again, my family wishes you the best of luck, my friend. we'll be pulling and praying for your rapid and complete recovery. recover quickly; i need someone to correct me when i spout off :D

I can't believe how stressful it is to even just to get to the point to actually read the "Designation of patient advocate/Durable power of attorney/Advanced directive Form." :confused: I mean I feel more gut fear about the form than the surgery.....

Back