It's my beer infected?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sanlucas

Reaction score
Hi, this is my first time doing this, I made an all grain Sierra Nevada pale ale clone, the beer has been fermenting for 15 days in the primary the Krausen has fallen( I think) but there are some bubbles floating in the carboy. I'm uploading some pictures ( the ones that the beer appear darker is because of the flash). Is has little bubbles it does not seem to have any mold I opened quickly and the only thing I smelled was carbon dioxide (like when you open a container after dough has been rising in it). Can someone please tell me if it seems like it's infected. Thanks.

20151028_005339.jpg

20151028_005344.jpg

20151028_005238.jpg

20151028_005231.jpg

Looks normal to me. I'd rack into secondary and test/taste. If you had a good primary fermentation chances are you are OK.

Looks normal but ship me the batch to confirm no guarantees that you would get it back though. hah

Thanks for the quick reply, so should I wait for it to drop? or should I rack it to the secondary and wait another week?

At 15 days I would take a gravity reading and if it's where's it's supposed to be I would bottle/keg it. No need to secondary unless you wanted to add fruit or something.

At 15 days I would take a gravity reading and if it's where's it's supposed to be I would bottle/keg it. No need to secondary unless you wanted to add fruit or something.

Given that it's his first go, I'd suggest taking a reading and then take another one a few days later. If they're the same (and I suspect they will be), then I'd bottle/keg. L

Totally agreed that there's absolutely no need for secondary.

Back