It's Gonna Be A Good Weekend!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KingBrianI

Reaction score
Stopped by the bottle store on the way home today and picked up a pretty nice haul. Included are several Belgians I've heard everyone talk about but hadn't tried yet. I'm looking forward to exploring them over the weekend. I'm also going to take Monday off just because, so that makes it even better!

Here's the list:

Piraat
Gulden Draak
Rochefort 10
Westmalle Dubbel
Saison Dupont
Geary's London Porter (Don't know anything about this beer but thought I'd give it a try)
Bellhaven Scottish Stout
Bellhaven Wee Heavy
Batemans XXXB
Rodenbach Flanders Sour Ale (I read in another thread Rodenbachs were getting hard to find and these were on special for $3.99 ea so I picked up two. If that's an awesome deal let me know and I'll go back and pick up the rest!)

And the pictures:
DSC_0804.jpg

DSC_0805.jpg

Picked up a bottle of the Gulden Drak myself this week.

Had a hard time finishing it. Waaaaaaaaaaay too fraggin sweet.

Another Belgian bites the dust.

On but off topic, I just grabbed some Delerium Tremens and will be tasting them for the first time tonight.

The Rodenbach is a pretty sweet deal. It's about $7.99 here for the 750mL. Its a good beer but I much prefer the full sourness of the Grand Cru which runs about $9.99. If they had any of those for half price grab all of them you can.

LOL. Google maps says 1,174 mi – about 19 hours 21 mins, but I do have a couple extra bedrooms so you can drink all you want!:D

Google maps says Kenyon, MN to Chaska, MN: 73 miles! StickShaker, take a drive and feed me some homebrew!! I'm a little bored in Chaska and wishing I could be brewing!

Whoa! Drinking the Batemans right now and it's great! Very smooth with a great malty caramel flavor and a light goldings aroma and flavor. Perfect British ale. Reminds me of my trip to the UK last year.

Back