It's bubbl'n now...RIGHT now!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Psychlopath

Reaction score
So, yesterday I went and bit the bullet.

Cruised down to Austin Homebrew and bought just about everything I need. I forgot to get the stopper for the Better Bottle, but that's for a few weeks down the line.

I'd planned on having this brew ready for a birthday that's coming up, but I slacked off on buying the brewing stuff.

I got everything but a huge pot to boil everything. Then ran by Target to get the pot.

Everything went smoothly 'till I went to chill the wart, at which point I found out that the pot wouldnt actually fit into the sink to cool off. Problem solved by sanitizing a smaller pot, filling with cool water and floating that pot into the monsterous one.

ANYHOW, be that as it may, my primary is set up and by this morning was just bubbling away. Still bubbling, almost 24 hours later, in fact.

Smells like bread in here.

Things are cleaned, put away and waiting for alcohol to be poured into bottles and the arrival of bubbles.

Life is good.

Oh yah, it's a "Texas," red ale I got for my first go 'round.

congrats man! i'll be startin my first brew tomorrow! doin the cheesehead caramel cream ale

yea, I constantly smelled airlock of my first batch while it was brewing. Was pumped to see it bubbling. It only gets better from here.

To chill the wort, get one of those big plastic buckets with rope handles. Plenty of room to surround the pot with frozen water bottles and cold water.

"just cruised on down to AHB" bastard! I am so jealous! Nah I would go broke if I lived that close. Congrats on the first brew.

Nice man!! I wish I had a good quality home brew store near by. My first brew is basically done fermenting and now just hanging out in the primary. I'm getting anxious and might get another carboy and brew up another batch soon!!

Back