It looks like we have our share of nurses, here..!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beergears

Reaction score
I just happened to look up a near-me member's profile, to discover he is a nurse...

Is it me, or we have a significant number of them among us?

Note: I like nurses, some are terrific at what they do. I should add EMT folks, too.

Similarly, I am respectful of flight attendants. A well-trained one may save your butt some day...

Thanks for respecting the girls in the back (flight attendants) they take alot of crap from alot of people... I am glad I get to lock the door and ignore it. :mug:

Nursing is a great career. One of the very few careers that'll get you close to
$100K with only a bachelor's. You can earn a lot more if you specialize. Lot's of places to go, as well as areas (ICU/ER/L&D) to work in. IMHO, finding the right area is key. Some places, like ICU, etc. will burn you out. It's good to know you can always go to some other place in the hospital/community and still be working within your discipline.

Two of my sisters are nurses. One works in the ER, the other works in the NICU. The one that works in the NICU adopted one of the babies that was in the unit that had been abandoned. Personally I couldn't be around sick and dieing babies all the time, too depressing, but like my sister says, you save more than you lose.

Another male nurse brewer here. Let me tell you after you deal with someone detoxing from drinking a 5th of alcohol all day for years it really makes you thirsty! That and the beer helps me go into the 6 hours of sleep or whatever weak amount I get before I'm dragged into work for 12 hours more. Listen to me geez. Maybe they should call me Psiclone Extra Special Bitter.:drunk:

Back