It is time.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey... Look what day it is! :D

It's your beer's first DRINKING DAY!!!!!

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1st-bday-first-birthday-bri.jpg

SO?SO?SO?SO?

Didjaopenityet?Sodidjadrinkityet?Diditgofiz?Didjahaveoneforbreakfast?

You do know there is a chance it won't be carbed yet, so don't panic...

It's sitting in the fridge at home. I'll probably be cracking it open about 6 tonight.

I jumped the gun JUST a little. I didn't wait 3 weeks before popping one in the fridge. It went in on saturday morning, so it'd have a few days in the fridge before opening it.

I'm ready for undercarbing. My apfelwein that I bottled a few weeks before I bottled this is barely carbed at all. If it's not carbed, then I'll put another in on saturday and next tuesday will be tasting day part II.

LOL. I'm on the left coast! I'm still at work! :p

So it's going on 5 pm there...Now if I were you I woulda taken a half day...but that's neither here not there, you shoulda at least left @ 4, because this is an important day...

You don't have a long commute do you???

This auspicious day should be webcast live..or you at least gotta take pictures..

Hurry hurry hurry!!!

I started another thread just to give Revvy a hard time, but the beer is drinkable. Not great. Too sweet. But I know how to fix it. :D

Revisited my brew again. I'd given a bottle to a friend to try with the caveat that he might not care for it because it's too sweet. He called me and said that he really enjoyed it and it didn't taste too sweet to him and that he'd like more!

So, I tossed a few in the fridge and gave them a few days before opening one tonight. It's still not my favorite beer, but the sweetness is really toned down. Maybe the priming sugar wasn't gone after 3 weeks, but I dunno.

It's good, just not really interesting. Might play with the hops a bit when I try it again.

After some time in the bottle, this has gotten much, MUCH better. I'm ready to declare this recipe a success! It's quite drinkable. If I get better utilization on my hops next time it'll be just right.

If anyone's looking for a simple brown ale recipe, give it a shot!

Brewing my second try on this recipe this weekend. Not changing much. Just going to get the hops right this time and added some carapils so it's not so thin.

Amazing. I love this beer. Malty, without being overly sweet. Some fruitiness from the Special B. The biscuit malt is a nice subtle touch to the flavor. It's also a good "in between beer" since my BMC drinking friends like it enough to request bottles of it and my microbrew drinking friends like it too.

The updated recipe is in my "recipes" dropdown.
<------- over there
I highly recommend it for anyone looking for an easy partial mash brown ale.

now all ya gotta do is PM with 5-7 pounds of grain, it is pretty ****ing awesome. If you want a pretty good recipe on a damn good english brown ale PM, let me know, the keg lasted only 3 days....

now all ya gotta do is PM with 5-7 pounds of grain, it is pretty ****ing awesome. If you want a pretty good recipe on a damn good english brown ale PM, let me know, the keg lasted only 3 days....

Not with this recipe! This one is perfect and I won't change it a bit.

Now, my last beer I brewed, I upped my grain portion of my PM to 6.5 lbs and my next one will be even more. I'm basically using as much grain as I have the ability to boil the runoff from. Gots me one o' them fancy igloo coolers to mash in now.

It is! I'll admit the recipe is a little bit odd, with the 6-row and all, but I don't want to change it because it works just the way it is. Even when I go to AG, I think I'll make this PM every so often.

I picked up the ingredients to brew your recipe today, Cheshire. I saw the slightly updated one on the recipe board. I'll let you know how it turns out in a couple months - I'm sure it'l be tasty - I am dying to make a brown ale.

My brewcloset (downstairs half-bath) is finally staying in the mid-upper 60's. I picked up the last of my ingredients this weekend. Tuesday night SWMBO will be at work all evening. My assistant brewer (daughter) and I will be on our own so...

... my first homebrew will be born.

A little tear of pride comes to my eye as another homebrewer is born. Congrats!

Back