It happens every year...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zymurgrafi

Reaction score
AAAAAAaaaargh! Cursed snow!!!!

I do not think I will ever get over this. Every year, it starts getting really warm (30°-40°F) and the snow is pretty much all gone. Robins are about and other signs of spring. Then

BAM!

Sometime in April (or May, or June!!!!) SNOW!!!

really depressing. Snowing as I type and a friend told me 10" expected tonight. I am going to sleep. Wake me up in August.

:(

You live in Vermont. That's like, right next to the Arctic Circle isn't it? Sheesh. Come closer to the equator where the temperature is tolerable for humans.

Well, yeah, but then I would miss winter, and fall, and spring...

No fun having only one season! :p

nothing to complain about. Humans need to complain too, we were not really made to live in comfort. :D

See, these snowstorms don't bother me, because I know they'll be gone in a couple days. We'll get two feet of snow in March and it's all melted before the end of the weekend. In January, though, you know that you still have eight or ten weeks to go, that's when the storms get tough...

I was going to mention this earlier today, but work of course happened.

Can't you guys north of the border keep these Canadian Highs where they belong?

That would be CANADA. :D

No snow, but after 2 weeks in the upper 60's low 70's, 20's at night with 30's and 40's during the day and brutal winds....

This sucks.

Ize

the_bird said:
See, these snowstorms don't bother me, because I know they'll be gone in a couple days. We'll get two feet of snow in March and it's all melted before the end of the weekend. In January, though, you know that you still have eight or ten weeks to go, that's when the storms get tough...

Yeah, I know it won't last, but it still bums me out to see it. Hard to get out of bed in the morning when it is white and you are expecting to look out and see brown.

Well, down here in not so sunny southern Connecticut, the snow you're getting is coming down as buckets of rain. Flooded streets and loads of mud, and I think I left my bedroom window open this morning, fun for all...

Dennys Fine Consumptibles said:
High temps or high presure zones?

Our perceived cold weather is the only thing that keeps a certain texan from invading us.

Not sure that said "Texan" (really a CT yankee) is aware that your country is not part of the U.S. otherwise he might try. How are your Oil supplies, that would be the deciding factor... end rant.

knights of Gambrinus said:
Not sure that said "Texan" (really a CT yankee) is aware that your country is not part of the U.S. otherwise he might try. How are your Oil supplies, that would be the deciding factor... end rant.

:off: We try not to advertise that he's kinda from CT:off:

and now back to the weather

81 degrees last week. freezing rain and snow this week. the hell with michigan.

I could handle this better if I could see some decent weather in the long range forecast, but it looks like its going to be cold & snowy through next week.

Well, at least I've got some beer to bottle and rack this weekend

the_bird said:
You know what they say about Vermont...

You don't like the weather, go back to wherever the hell you came from... :D

Well, I'm the only "outsider" in my family of native Vermonters..... including the dog & cats... but I'm from central Maine and they're getting a foot or more.. so I think I'll hunker down and ride it out

I'm warm and I have beer... so as they say in Northeast Kingdom:

"Its better than a peck on the head with a sharp rock"

vtchuck said:
I could handle this better if I could see some decent weather in the long range forecast, but it looks like its going to be cold & snowy through next week.

Well, at least I've got some beer to bottle and rack this weekend

That is part of the problem. I generally do not listen to the weather, so it catches me by surprise. Ah, well, I m feeling much better now, hic. :drunk:

Well, the shoveling is done for a while here, and it's slowing down some. I'm sick of winter. I'm sick of snow. I'm sick of the F*ing snowplow going by and being buried in a hail of ice and snow. I'm sick of the kids having snow days all the time. I'm sick of four wheel drive.

I really need a vacation.......

70's last week, then two hard freezes. I believe the hops are re-thinking the whole sprouting business.

[YC - You just HAD a vacation]

the_bird said:
You know what they say about Vermont...

You don't like the weather, go back to wherever the hell you came from... :D

Yup, you got me, I be a flatlander.

Man, talk about exclusive... A family lives in a place 250+ years and then one generation moves away and they are outsiders for ever more. Oh, well, I am still an ornery cuss and stubborn enough to persist even if I don't "belong".

Complaining or not, I like it here. Despite all the woodchucks. :D

OK, you most of you have promash. Do the damn conversions your self. :D

18c here a few days ago, now it's 4c and -4c at night. agh.

This is supposed to be desert country and it's bloody April not february.

It snowed in Burnaby (Vancouver) 2 days ago. WTF? Their usually walking in shorts and t-shirts discussing golf scores and thinking about going camping, by April.

HUH?

How is it so warm there when you are farther north latitude wise? Tropical paradise, Canada here I come! :D

Back