It begins

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well to the best of my knowledge I'm at 1.041 OG and the recipe says 1.042. Of course I have a cheap hydrometer that doesn't read that accurately so I think i'm on the right track.

What are you brewing? Extract?

Based on your hydro reading, I would say so far so good. Ferment away!

So this is your first brew altogether and it's an all grain? Well done!

I had a mr beer kit few years ag. Then couple months ago they had a brooklyn brew shop kit for $10. So far made all grain double ipa ( not bad) , oatmeal pale (in bottles) and a tumbler clone (fermenting)

You're grabbing the bull by the horns! First batch being All-Grain! I think I brewed 2 or 3 kits beers before moving onto All Grain. This thread did a nice job of bringing back memories :mug: Cheers, hope it all turns out well.

You're grabbing the bull by the horns! First batch being All-Grain! I think I brewed 2 or 3 kits beers before moving onto All Grain. This thread did a nice job of bringing back memories :mug: Cheers, hope it all turns out well.

One big part of it is im poor. Putting 5gal all grain together at local shop was under $25

I find that waiting for an active airlock when you start brewing is like waiting for Santa on Christmas Eve when you were a kid. You know it'll happen so you wait and wait and wait. And when it happens, it's like opening your presents. :ban:

Back