It’s been a while.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shelbymedic

Reaction score
I am sad to say it’s been around a year since I last brewed. I am even more sad to say the last time I brewed, I never even transferred from fermentation to my keg! (Oh the humanity!!)
Well, I’m in between nursing school semesters right now so what better time to brew? It was almost cathartic to roll out my brew cart and clean everything up today. I can’t wait to brew Sunday.

Who else on here took a break from brewing, whether intentional or not, and returned back again.

Me! I've done it twice...the first time was 4 years ago...time elapsed was six months. I brewed in the morning and my wife went into labor the next morning. Six months later our oldest son helped from his shack (it's a skip hop thing that a baby can "stand" and play in).

The second was this past year...had my last brew day on July 4, 2019...had my most recent brew day July 11th. This time our three kids (oldest son who is turning 4 and his twin siblings turning 9 months) helped Dad pitch yeast into a split 10 gallon batch!

It's really like riding a bike and as long as you're prepared and personally I like having a list you're good to go. I also did the stupid thing of purchasing a new brew system during the interim (got myself a Brewzilla 65L on crazy sale from Morebeer) so was learning the new system as well how to brew in my new garage (we moved right before the twins were born).

Beer is currently carbing and should be ready to drink on Saturday! Good luck to you and keep us posted on how it went!

:mug:

Not to worry. Brewing is a hobby. There are many things in life more important than one's hobbies. Got to take care of family, financial security, prep for future, etc. first.

Just looked at my logs, and I haven't brewed for a year. Remodels, Corona virus (no brew club to motivate me), and whatever, have gotten in the way. Hope to get back to it soon (remodels are all done.)

Brew on :mug:

Back