Issues with temperature controller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akiraadam

Reaction score
So I am not going to lie I am not the greatest when it comes to wiring and I am sure my issue is wiring. I installed a ITC 1000 for my keezer. I connected all the wires and attached them so it would be the new temperature controller for the keezer. Plug it in and the controller turns on (in compressor standby mood) and I fiddle with the settings and switch the compressor delay to 0 to see if it would kick on and it did then it tripped the eletrical outlet gfci. Now I know it is something to do with my wiring because I then reconnected everything normally and the freezer ran fine.
Here is the wiring to the controller.
I7gnZdH.jpg

Here is the connections to the compressor and the power cord.
rT3taV6.jpg

I have the green ground from the original temperature controller going to the cooling connection. Could that be what is wrong?
Any help is greatly appreciated.

The way you have it wired, you short power to ground when the controller's cooling relay is activated. There should be no ground connections to the ITC-1000. The ITC-1000 is wired exactly the same as the STC-1000. There are lots of web sites and videos that show how to wire these. If you're not sure of what you're doing, get some help from someone how does, before you hurt yourself, or start a fire.

Brew on :mug:

Latest posts

Back