Issues with "splatter" with Mark's Key & Carboy washer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arla

Reaction score
Anyone else have issues with Mark's Key and Carboy splattering a lot of liquid out onto surrounding area?

I let mine tonight cleaning a keg, came back and the garage floor was slick with water, not sure if there is something wrong with how I'm setting it up, or this is a normal thing.

I had it connected with the t-piece at the bottom (closest to the pump) and then the straight piece off that with the white top on it. Didn't seem to matter if I was cleaning the in or out pipe at the time, both cases it seemed to fall out of the keg, hit the plastic (or the pump case) and spatter out.

Mine gets some splatter. The "T" piece is supposed to be connected to the Liquid Out post on the keg, or removed for carboys.

Yes, sorry I should have said the T is connected to the output/input of the keg.

I'll try without the T next time and see how it goes, unfortunately I don't have a big enough sink to put it in (could put it in a 30 gallon tote, but I'd rather not add more things to cleanup to my day).

I use aluminum foil and rig a shield around the back side which is where I get most of the splatter.

Back