Issues with slow end of frementation with BIAB method

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know but i was doing pseudo lager with lutra and it is recommended to hold it around 20-22c at start
Where did you read that? I think manufacturer info says steady temperature at around 35c from start to finish. At least this is what I remember and this is what I've been doing with good success.

The yeast naturally slows down as most of the sugars are converted and the alcohol level rises. Fermentations definitely slow or stall when you start to reach the alcohol limit for your type of yeast. Once the yeast slows down after most of the fermentation is complete, it's usually okay to increase the temp a few degrees (F) to finish up (or give a good shake).

The larger mesh is letting grist particles in to the wort. The particles can adheare to the CO2 and you will see what looks like an Extended fermentation. I've dry hopped without a bag and have seen this happen to me. I thought the fermentation was going on for weeks. When I realized the sg wasn't changing I realized the continued airlock activity wasn't due due to fermentation. Now I just ferment for a week or two (typically 7 to 10 days) depending on my schedule and don't worry about it. Pretty sure you are over thinking it. Unless you are making a NEIPA, you are also woorying too much about the cold side oxidation. Potassium meta at packaging might help more for reducing cold side oxidation IMO.

Latest posts

Back