iSpindle Concentrators, Repeaters, Bridges, Hubs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

Tom4c

Reaction score
Looks great, thanks for sharing this @ZeSlammy. I have two green-tab 1.4" TFTs that have just arrived in the post. I'm hoping to try iSpindHub out soon with an ESP8266 D1 Mini. I have some AP security questions for the future, like can you password the AP, but that can wait. First I'm looking forward to getting it up and running and tweaking the display :cool:
Has anyone used ispinhub with @mper GravityMon iSpindel firmware? I've built 6 Jeffery 2.69 versions running the v1.0 Gravmon firmware. I haven't quite worked out how the ispinhub will intercept the ispindel data outputs.

nhofer7

Reaction score
Can you please tell me what I'm doing wrong. I have both the ispindel hub and ispindel connected to the same network. I configure the Ispindel as so....

Http
Server address: 10.50.17.163 (IP address of HUB)
Port: 80
Path/URL: /ispindel

The Ispindel seems to be logging every 30s as I have it set but no new data is showing up on the Ispindelhub except for the two example files. I also Tried connecting the Ispindel to the Hub directly by connecting to the hubs ap and changing the server address to 192.168.4.1. Also no luck.... :(
Screenshot 2022-09-19 094504.png

OP
OP
ZeSlammy

ZeSlammy

Reaction score
Can you connect to the iSpindHub and have some logs ?

Can you try just ispindel and not /ispindel for the path ? I need to put everything back together to test stuff out. I should be good to go by wednesday

nhofer7

Reaction score
Can you connect to the iSpindHub and have some logs ?

Can you try just ispindel and not /ispindel for the path ? I need to put everything back together to test stuff out. I should be good to go by wednesday
Yes I can connect to the ISpindhub. But the only logs I see are the two example logs that came with the initial install. I changed the url/path to Ispindel rather then /Ispindel. Still no new logs showing up.

nhofer7

Reaction score
Yes I can connect to the ISpindhub. But the only logs I see are the two example logs that came with the initial install. I changed the url/path to Ispindel rather then /Ispindel. Still no new logs showing up.
It started working. I changed the path/url back to /ispindel and it started recieving logs. Thanks! Will try connecting straight to the hub ap and see if it will work.

nhofer7

Reaction score
I have one more question. Why does the ISpinhub need an internet connection to show data on the display? I want to set up the ISpindhub in a location with no wifi. I tried connecting the ISpindHub to an access point (that has no internet access), I set up using an old router I had lying around. The ISpinhub would say connected but would not go further then that. I know the hub is also set up to be a repeater but could it be manipulated to use without an internet connection?

OP
OP
ZeSlammy

ZeSlammy

Reaction score
I have one more question. Why does the ISpinhub need an internet connection to show data on the display? I want to set up the ISpindhub in a location with no wifi. I tried connecting the ISpindHub to an access point (that has no internet access), I set up using an old router I had lying around. The ISpinhub would say connected but would not go further then that. I know the hub is also set up to be a repeater but could it be manipulated to use without an internet connection?
I need to work on this one yes. Allow it to be "just" a display. It is mostly "blocked" because it goes looking for a time synchronisation server.

Latest posts