• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

For Sale Ispindel

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

byunique

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Wow, this looks awesome. One question, if I plan to connect via wifi, is there any issues with connectivity once located inside a fermentation fridge?

OP
OP
C

cayde1001

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Wow, this looks awesome. One question, if I plan to connect via wifi, is there any issues with connectivity once located inside a fermentation fridge?
Most likely you should have no issues, it will just depend on how good the wifi signal is. I use a stainless fermenter and have a mesh router in the garage next to my fermenter and it works great. I have had one customer who used a stainless fermenter inside a fermentation fridge and they did have issue just because between the two it degraded the singnal so much. If you are using a plastic or glass fermenter I would think you should be ok.

byunique

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Most likely you should have no issues, it will just depend on how good the wifi signal is. I use a stainless fermenter and have a mesh router in the garage next to my fermenter and it works great. I have had one customer who used a stainless fermenter inside a fermentation fridge and they did have issue just because between the two it degraded the singnal so much. If you are using a plastic or glass fermenter I would think you should be ok.
sounds great!!

OP
OP
C

cayde1001

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Finally got all the components and have the next batch just about ready. Will be shipping this coming week if anyone is interested.

Price is $50 (includes US shipping). The ispindels were built using The Jeffrey PCB v2.69 by OpenSourceDistilling and have the 7.1.4 firmware installed. Units include a brand new battery and have been calibrated using the sugar water method. I have verified that they are all connecting and reporting gravity and temperature correctly. PM me if y
I have some ispindels available and ready to ship for anyone interested.