Is your fermenter slanted like this?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gunshowgreg

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I had my fermenter on the counter and the floor and thought my floors were slanted but after tipping it over I see how bad it is. Just wondering if anyone else is this bad. Probably nothing to worry about just curious. I put the level on top to show how it looks in that aspect.
20181002_211346.jpeg
20181002_211418.jpeg

Hand made glass will have variation. Never seen one that extreme though.

Sarcasm...

Hard to believe that they thought you were serious.....

I would watch that one very carefully. There was some sort of problem when it was manufactured and it may have other hidden flaws or weak areas. Personally I would never have glass and especially that one. I would get rid of it.

I doubt there's anything hand made about carboys, but I agree that is extremely off.
You could spot that carboy out of a thousand sitting on a floor...

I bought a carboy once that came in a box which stated something about being hand made in Spain. I've also seen comments on on line stores talking about variation and bubbles in the glass as a result of being hand made. Not hand blown, but hand made. The point is that each one is just a little unique.

Back