Is this Infected

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alaska_Mat

Reaction score
Hello

I have to ask if my beer looks like it's going bad? I did my research and all the different pictures really have me confused. Attached are 2 pictures. Looking for any advice. This is my first batch ever made.

Mathew
Alaska

Attachments

• 20220105_082644.png
    20220105_082644.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 44
  • 20220105_082658.png
    20220105_082658.png
    1,008.9 KB · Views: 42
No.

Yeast make CO2 and when it bubbles up through what is essentially dirty water then you get some foam and bubbles remaining on the surface. Many times, particularly with all grain there might be a bunch of foam and trub filling up the head space of the fermenter.

Last edited:
OK this is week 3 as it went through fermentation. Thank you for your quick reply. Have a great week.

Sometimes even at week three or more there'll still be some bubbling goin on. I've had some bubble off and on for up to almost six weeks.

Looks fine/normal (as it will 98% of the time - and even when it doesn't, you will usually still ride it out and let the smell & taste at the end tell you if you have a real problem).

Hope you enjoy!

Back