Is this freezer big enough?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aekdbbop

Reaction score
Post on craigslist.com

Haier 5.0 Cu. Ft. Capacity Chest Freezer #HCM050LA

Holds Approximately 150 lbs. of Frozen Food. Removable Basket. Power-on Indicator Light. Space-saving Flat-Back Design. Easy Access Defrost Drain. Adjustable Thermostat Control. Manual Defrost.

wanted to know if that was big enough for 2 cornies and a co2 (5lb) and whatever else i need in there...

thanks!

I would cut out some circles of the diameter of your cornies and carboys and see how many you can fit. It depends on the compressor hup. Here's a 10 cu. ft. Amana.

LagerFreezer2.jpg

The stainless topped corny is a 3 gallon one sitting on the compressor hump. I can fit 6 five gallon cornies in this one, plus 1 three gallon.

rdwj said:
What model is that Ed? That would be PERFECT for me
It's an Amana AFC1005BFW picked up at Fry's as a Scratch & Dent for $214.

Works like a champ for me, except now I want a second one just to keep chilled kegs and for carbing.

Works great for Carboys too.

LagerFreezer1.jpg

FreezerEnergyTag.jpg

well... here are the measurements.. im not sure how tall a cornie is.. if anyone could tell me... that would be awesome

Dimensions
Height: 31.69 in
Width: 29.37 in
Depth: 23.63 in
Weight: 94.6 lbs

aekdbbop said:
well... here are the measurements.. im not sure how tall a cornie is.. if anyone could tell me... that would be awesome

Dimensions

A typical ball lock one is 25". You're also going to need a couple extra inches for your lines and stuff

Hmmm. Sounds like it may work then. Can you give the diameter also of one of the kegs? Thanks for your help.

cool... i guess it will work then.. if i drew it out right, i should be able to fit two in there no problem...

I know its been done to death and I'm often the one bringing it up, but if you want 2 cornies and a 5 lb. tank have you considered the Sanyo 4912? Its a perfect fit and a pretty good looking mini fridge. You can get them pretty cheap new, I got one really cheap off ebay when college kids were busy moving out last year. Just an idea to consider, try a search on here or google if interested, there's a lot of info about it out there.

Matt

Are these interior or exterior dimensions?

aekdbbop said:

Dimensions

Back