Is this ebay march pump same as morebeer and NB?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f11/getting-pump-did-some-homework-106848/

"POLYSULPHONE PUMPS
The 809-PL is a polysulphone head pump. 1/2"MPT on both ports. This is a 1725RPM pump. 1/100 HP. 3 gallons per minute.

The 809-PL-HS is the polysulphone head pump. 1/2"MPT on both ports. This is a 3450RPM pump. 1/25 HP. 7.2 gallons per minute.

The 809-PL-HS-C-115V is a center inlet polysulphone pump. 3/4" MPT inlet, 1/2" MPT outlet. 3450 RPM. 1/25HP. 7.2 gallons per minute. Price is still comparable to the other polysulphone pump, but has the large center inlet, high speed and 1/25HP."

The March 809 PL/HS (high speed) is the high rpm(3450) style. The good one.
The 809-PL is the wimpy one.

Thanks, that helps a lot. It looks like this is the one listed on ebay is the right pump. I can build a mount and wire a plug easily, so this will save me $40 bucks at least.
Thanks again.

mine came that way... it has the wire leads (3) coming out of the housing, i just wired them into a computer power jack and mounted them into a toolbox with an on/off switch, the pump can be mounted thru a thin-walled box, just make a hole big enough for the drive magnet, but you need to buy some longer screws.

Hey eriktlupus,

Does it have a place to run the power into the case? I'm just afraid they'll be subject to being pulled away from the pump if spliced together... So I could just buy an extension cord and wire it to the leads coming away from the pump, right?

Should be good to go....

Hey eriktlupus,

Does it have a place to run the power into the case? I'm just afraid they'll be subject to being pulled away from the pump if spliced together... So I could just buy an extension cord and wire it to the leads coming away from the pump, right?

Should be good to go....

yeah,,you can wire it yourself straight into the housing. mine wasn't spliced,except the ground, i ran the leads to a light switch and a power plug from a computer power supply unit. i then mounted all three to a toolbox to provide a stable base and also some waterproofing from any splashing that might occur.

yeah, this is a great deal. i got mine a day or two after paying for it. if you email the guy before he ships it, you can get the inline as opposed to the center inlet(unless he sold out by now)

He is sold out. I should have gotten it sooner. DANGIT! Hopefully he lists more at that price...

Back