Is this contamination?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Griffsta

Reaction score
After a week in the secondary, I had a few of these white chunkies. Now after 2 weeks in the secondary, I have a bunch of these white chunkies. I dry hopped and put some oak chips in a musilin bag. I steamed both. Is this batch shot?

DSC_0784.jpg

Did you dry hop with leaf or plug hops? The pics aren't very clear, but almost just looks like the hops still floating... almost exactly like when I dry hop with plugs. And those brews have all been fine.

I cannot say if that is an infection, but that does not look like any hops I've ever put in beer. I could be wrong though, good luck.

Yeast is weird stuff. While that's not 100% normal looking, I'd for sure let the bacth finish up, and smell and taste it. If it doesn't taste like Satan's taint, it wasn't infected.

Just for the record... what exactly does Satan's Taint taste like?

and... You've kicked llazy_llama off my sig with that one! :D

It absolutely does not taste like Satans taint. It actually tasted great. I bottled it up. We will see if it shows up on top of the bottles.

I had some weird chunks of stuff in my last brew. Just like those. Beer tasted great going into the bottle.

I've had that several times in brews but they turned out great. The good news is that I've never had a problem racking and leaving the chunks behind. I just pretend they are not there because it looks so nasty. :D

Back