Is this bad?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unless you have a time machine, there's nothing you can do about it. Not that there's anything wrong with aging your beer.

you wont have a very good hop aroma but it wont be bad as long as the recipe is good.

if you want to salvage some hop aroma dry hop for a week. there is nothing to worry about, getting sick or anything if thats what you are asking.

If it's been sitting on dryhops it might taste grassy, otherwise the hope aroma might have faded a bit. But simply dry hopping for a week like someone said will fix that problem easy.

Otherwise I see no problem with the 8 week secondary, some people forget their beers in primary for 3+ months and have had zero off-flavors.

Worst case scenario is you've lost some hop aroma and bitterness. Best case it'll be ready to drink as soon as it's carbed.

+1 on dry hopping. Any other brew than an IPA or APA and I'd say bottle it, but an IPA really needs a nice hop aroma to complement the bitterness and flavor.

Get some more hops of whatever you used for your last addition and transfer the beer to secondary on them. Leave it be for a week or so and bottle.

As for any other "problems" from leaving it too long... I just bottled up a batch last week that had been in primary since August. It smelled and tasted wonderful when I sampled it.

Holy smokes this forum rocks! Talk about quick responses. I appreciate all the input. Thank you gentlemen.

Back