is this a keg/cask

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mashup

Reaction score
I've been making wine for a while and other brews, I have not a clue what type of keg this is.
Its an An-Bu keg 15-15.5 with a bung. Ive never seen them with bungs.

100_1101.jpg

Yes that is an old style keg where they fill it and hammered a bung in. I assume there is another hole on one of the sides.

Just shooting it out there that distilling is illegal in the US and is therefore forbidden on the site.

Chromados

theres only one bung hole. theres two adapters on on the top, and one on the side bottom. Ive never seen one of these. Is it old?

100_1109.jpg

100_1103.jpg

uh, that's the kind of keg it is.

If i suggested looking up Cornelius or Firestone, and not Leinenkugel or homebrew, it would be a parallel suggestion.

If you're interested in filling it, and using it to serve. I have a golden-gate tap lying around.

just use it to make a Halloween fog chiller, or f*ck it, go lawn bowling and try to knock down a damned FENCE!

I used to use a Hoff-Stevens keg--it was my intro to kegging. You need to find a source for the bungs and learn how to remove them (it's a pain in the ass) and cleaning them out is a bit of a pain as well. "Golden Gate" kegs are slightly different, but the principle is the same.

I've seen them cut lengthwise and made into grills. Maybe that's your best bet? :mug:

41DpmeGnJtL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Back