Is this a good way to oxygenated the wort post boil and post cooldown?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glass carboy? If so I would do what you are doing or buy an oxygen system or air pump.

You could drain into a bucket, pour to another bucket and back again, then into the carboy.

Shaking the hell out of the carboy could be disastrous. There is a thread about the accidents from breaking carboys.

Yes, that would work. Some brewers splash, some shake, some pour, some use aquarium air pumps, some use oxygen set ups, etc. If you get a ton of foaming on the beer in the carboy, like a big foamy head, that's a good sign.

I have done something pretty similar in the past, i wouldn't worry about infection much as long as you hit everything with sanitizer first.

I also shake my glass carboys. I put the stopper on the top, tip it over on it's side, dip my finger in starsan, cover the hole in the stopper with my finger, then rock it back and forth quickly either on carpet or on a towel or two on the tile floor. Little risk of breaking your carboy rolling it on carpet.

Back