Is this a good deal?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grasshopper1917

Reaction score
My local homebrew shop has a sale on - and I wanted to know if this is an ok price?

You get: 2 soda kegs, co2 tank, regulator, hosing, the little picnic tap to dispence beer, and one beer kits - price 269.99 - is this an ok deal? Im just thinking it may be ok since there is no shipping or anything just go and load it in my car? What do you guys think?

2 kegs - $60
CO2 tank - $50
Regulator - $50
Hosing and connections - $20
Beer kit - $25

That's $205, using some generic prices, but since you are in Nova Scotia you would have to run the numbers due to shipping. Check out Northernbrewer.com for everything except the regulator. I like the premium ones from Micromatic.com with the big knob on the front.

Yeah I was going to quote some prices with shipping included and got a little less than Conrad. Check out micromatic.com I don't know what it would be for shipping to you but you can get everything there except the kegs which you should be able to get for $20 to $25 a piece just by googling. Might even be able to find them for that price from someone her on HBT.

:tank:

Also remember this is in Cdn funds..:D

Shipping from an online source in the US to Can would be the killer, along with the exchange rate....:drunk:

These beer kits alone are about $36-$38 alone normally. Its the Festa Brew.

Given that info...The current rate of exchange would make Conrad's price $258 Canadian. I would say that the $12 Canadian isn't worth the hassle scouring the net for better prices plus you will have immediate access to your goods if you buy it from the shop.

:tank:

Ok cool just wanted to make sure it was in the right price range - I dont mind paying a few extra bucks to support the local small business. I like being able to walk 10 minutes and pick up any beer making supply I need.

Only thing i ned now is an old fridge or a fridge to convert to a keggerator - with me that might be dangerous! lol

Back